Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 2: The Morning Report...

Weight: 188.0 lbs

So this morning hasn't exactly been great...
Most obviously distressing is my weight. The same fucking number. This is what I don't understand. A pound of body fat/weight is 3,500 calories. I burned over a thousand yesterday, just from exercise and work. I didn't include my (admittedly very slowed down) metabolism that burns calories throughout the day to keep me alive and running. Even if I only burned an additional 500 or so calories, I still should have lost around half a pound! This sort of bullshit happens all the fucking time. What is the point of eating next to nothing, working my ass off (though not literally apparently), and feeling like utter crap the following day if all I get from it is the SAME FUCKING WEIGHT?

At this point I wouldn't even care if it only went down by 1/18th of a pound. I just need to see some sort of sign that all my efforts are not in vain. Is that really too much to ask?

Maybe my scale just isn't very exact, or doesn't register minute changes in weight. Even if I take all my clothes off, it stays the same, which obviously can't be correct. Huuuuuurrrrgggggghhhh...

It could be me as well. Maybe I'm just eating too much. I know a 250 calories limit is not the most extreme limit one can use, but it's still fairly "intense". And yesterday I ate only half that amount: 130 calories. *sigh*
After today, I don't work for the next two days, maybe I will try fasting for both of them and see what happens. I get dizzy and nauseous easily from fasting, so I try not to employ the technique very often. It leaves me simply laying bed (not burning calories) feeling miserable and raising eyebrows in my family. But so long as I have my tea and weights in my room, maybe I can still get through some minor workouts.

Speaking of workouts, I was all set to go out this morning before the heat took over like yesterday (walking in that was atrocious x_x) but I had forgotten to turn my laundry over, and have been waiting for my clothes to finish drying as I type this. Now the heat is back and I know it's just going to be another awful start to what I know will only be yet another awful day...

But onwards into oblivion... 

No comments:

Post a Comment